So you want to launch a website and are unsure of where to start. Whether for a hobby, blog, or professional reasons a website is a powerful tool in reaching your audience. But, should you do-it-yourself or hire a professional web designer? In this article, we’ll take a look at both sides of this question.
Do-It-Yourself Free Theme Website Builders
These type of sites are good for novice purposes. If you want to create a fan site or if you want to blog, these are great for you and there are a lot of great options including the following sites.
5 Great Free Website Builders For You
- Google Sites – This website builder is totally free and has no paid plans. They let you attach your custom domain, but are not suitable for business. They only offer one template that is available in six different styles.
- WebsiteBuilder.com – This website builder has a lot of themes and a good editor for customizing your website.
- Wix – This website builder is excellent and easy to use, but only offers a free plan on a limited basis.
- Weebly – This website builder might be the best of all the options on this list. Free plans offer unlimited bandwidth and a commerce option
- WordPress.com – This website builder has a lot of thematic options and a good subdomain, but it tends to insert ads into your website.
The most important thing to take away from this list is that you get what you pay for. All though these are great options for hobbyist and bloggers. They are not enough for the small business or entrepreneurial route. All free sites are going to have limitations including:
- The website builders logo is plastered all over your site as well as advertisements that you get no economic gain from
- No customer support
- No domain name, unless you have a paid plan
- Inadequate number of web pages (between 3 to 6)
- Very little storage and features
- Professional Web Designer
When it comes to building a brand and/or company, nothing beats acquiring a professional to get the job done. Professional designers tend to ask a list of questions so, that they can be better equipped to serve your needs to the best of their ability. After acquiring the necessary information they need they will be able to provide you with:
*Proprietary Designs tailored especially to your brand
*A plan of attack for your future wants and needs (e-commerce, forms, etc…)
*Support for any problems you might encounter (updating any necessary code)
When it comes to launching a site consider free theme website builders for your small projects. When it comes to a small business/e-commerce sites hire a professional website designer (plug for Websites Perth) because they know what they’re doing. There are a plethora of designers out there that can meet all your wants and needs so do your research before you hire your designer.